My Issues with Anxiety related to Becker Muscular Dystrophy

Over the years due to aging with Becker MD I had major issues with anxiety. Just hearing people talk about having heart related issues due to BMD triggers many thoughts and worries. Now I don't ignore the heart related issue facts, always getting heart check ups so doctors can keep an eye on things.

I just hate talking about it or even thinking about it. As I get older like with most people health issues may arise but my biggest problem is over thinking - even worrying about dying from this stupid muscle-wasting disorder.

It's certainly not fun and it does have an affect on mental health. But I need to limit my time focusing on the negatives so I have to distance myself from talking about of even listening to others talk about all the bad things that can happen. So for now I focus on eating healthy, getting my yearly check ups and exercising within my limits. As I have found in recent years doing that has resulted in relieving a lot of anxiety.

So instead of worrying about my future I will take care of myself and deal with the issues as they come.

No comments:

Post a Comment