We're just trying to adapt to the challenges Muscular Dystrophy brings

My wife does so much for me & Muscular Dystrophy certainly adds some unique challenges to our relationship. I am sure for her seeing your husband slowly losing the ability to do things most take for granted can result in so many different emotions and even a bit of frustration.

I truly believe she is so strong as she has faced her own challenges in life, especially related to her blood clotting disorder. Yet she still works long days and at times acts as my caregiver. The only one in my life always running to my aid whenever I fall. She takes care of many different tasks, mainly doing all the heavy lifting and things I can't do, but I always do my best to pitch in. With me on some days over doing it pushing myself to do physically demanding chores around the home - all in an effort to help her out. But unfortunately I end up paying for it by dealing with the exhaustion & fatigue that follows the next day.

See I am trying to make her life easier and one thing that will really help is the move to a fully accessible place to live. Thankfully we've been able to upgrade our current vehicle with a more accessible SUV. The one thing that allows me to bring my mobility scooter along when needing to go to the store on my own, taking away the worries of me suffering another nasty fall. See the more I can do independently removes the pressure of her feeling like she has to do everything.

As you can see Muscular Dystrophy definitely brings its own unique challenges but thankfully there are solutions to every problem. Let's just hope the move to a more accessible place to live happens sooner than later as it will truly change my life for the better.

In the end like most we're just doing our best, trying to adapt to all the challenges Muscular Dystrophy brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment