This Type of Stupidity needs to Stop Immediately!

All too often when I arrive at my local grocery store I run into the same problem which consists of the access aisles between the accessible parking spaces being filled with a large number of grocery carts completely eliminating the reasons this area was created.

Now it could have been a fellow accessible parking space user who left the first one behind then everyone else just followed their example and simply just added to the problem. The frustrating thing is that for over 20 carts to be found in this area it had to take a while for this many to accumulate in this area. It's simply a sign of a complete lack of respect for people with disabilities who use these spaces. It's also frustrating that the grocery store itself doesn't take keeping this space clear very seriously.


Now I've tried my best to raise awareness of this issue, even posting photos on the various My Beckers Story social media pages and the companies who own these grocery stores apologize and say they will speak with the manager so they can address this issue. I understand the store managers can't control what their customers do once they exit the store but you'd think people would know better. I guess some people are lazy and only think of themselves but I do hope a few people reading this blog post commit to refraining from participating in this type of behavior. If you have a disability and are unable to return the cart, consider making an employee aware and feel free to ask them for assistance in returning the cart for you.


In the end no one should be leaving their grocery cart in the access aisles between accessible parking spaces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment