The Perks of being up early in the Morning

A perk of being up early this morning meant being the first customer in the grocery store! A short little trip to grab a few items for tonight's supper!

To be honest I get nervous going to the grocery store alone due to all the walking as I'd prefer the ability to use my mobility scooter. I think about what would happen if I fell? Would they have to call the paramedics to pick me up off the ground? It's a scene I've played out in my mind so many times.

Some may say I worry too much but living with a muscle-wasting disorder results in constantly having to think about your needs. With entryways and smooth parking lots of any store I visit being very important. As even the smallest incline can cause me to trip and fall so not being able to use my mobility scooter means for now having to avoid certain stores.

Another concern when visiting a store or event is someone unintentionally bumping into me as the slightest bit of contact can result in me collapsing & falling to the ground. Actually a few years ago while playing a game with friends someone hip checked me - I instantly fell to the ground. They felt so bad & apologized immediately. A simple mistake on their part and I wasn't upset with them. It's just unexpected things can happen such as a bump or even a pebble on the ground that I might step on causing me to go down. At least for me walking at this point in my life takes a lot of consideration which quickly gets tiring.

Now thankfully this morning there were no crowds or line ups which meant no extended periods of time standing. This definitely helped me. So if you want to limit your risks it might be best to visit a grocery store in the morning. The major benefits being no lines and the ability to use accessible parking. For some it might be easier to schedule a grocery pickup or if you can afford it delivery.

Thankfully on this day as of 8:30 AM this morning my errands for the day are done!

No comments:

Post a Comment