The Joy of being able to find accessible parking

With a growing population that means more people being in need of the same things. One thing currently being overlooked is accessible parking. In recent years it has become a challenge at times just finding an available space. That's why whenever we find one these days it's a huge relief.

Now when you are unable to find one or like the other day for me I wasn't able to use accessible parking since someone without a permit decided to use it illegally. This actually happened twice on the same day and living with Becker Muscular Dystrophy it isn't a wise idea for me to confront them since I can defend myself physically. So I have no choice but to just put up with it.

So when people do this or a shopping mall doesn't offer enough accessible parking spaces it ends up creating unneeded stress. See at times if I can't use accessible parking I either have to park in others far from the entrance I actually need or parking in a regular often tight space. Whenever I end up doing this every time the next person to park beside me parks very close and sometimes over the line which results in making it near impossible to get back into my vehicle. So I guess you can understand the joy I feel whenever we're actually able to find an accessible parking space.

In the end I think local shopping plazas and other businesses need to consider the growing population and add in more accessible parking spaces.

Now the last thing we really need is actual parking enforcement of these spaces by bylaws officers and police. This would help eliminate situations where I am unable to use accessible parking due to someone without a permit using it as a drop off and pick up space. Something I see UberEats and delivery drivers do way too often.

No comments:

Post a Comment