Well That was Scary! Latest Fall could have ended Badly

I almost hurt myself last night or at least would have ended up in the hospital if I wasn't able to stop what would have been a nasty fall. See since I do spend a lot of time sitting I was wanting to find an easy exercise I could do. See we have one of those leg peddlers, some call them compact seated ellipticals. With the most popular one being called the Cubii. The crazy thing is I only did 150 repetitions peddling away to get some exercise but ended up having to crawl away with what I call wobbly and extremely weak legs.

This surprisingly small amount of leg exercise totally ruined me physically for the rest of the day. My legs were left in pain feeling like heavy weights and they actually feel the same way this morning.

Unfortunately last night as I was heading off to bed I was turning off the living room TV with two remotes in my hand and needed to bend slightly to get the last remote off the coffee table. Immediately one of my legs gave out, I started falling forward, at this point I released the remotes in my hand which all went flying across the room smashing down onto the living room floor. Something I did quickly in an effort to stop the forward momentum and thankfully this worked out causing me to fall back with me landing safely onto the couch.

I could only imagine what might have happened if I fell onto or even over the coffee table to the floor, I just know it wouldn't have ended well. Talk about a crazy way for my body to tell me I shouldn't exercise my legs too much, but like most I am concerned about my health, always trying to eat healthy and get at least a little exercise. You always hear doctors say sitting is the new smoking okay well what are wheelchair users and those with physical disability supposed to do then?

It's just crazy for me that even a little exercise can completely ruin me for a few days, placing me at higher risk of suffering falls and injuries. So I think from now on I will stick to my daily stretches and the things I've learned from taking physiotherapy.

After all there's no reason to put myself at further risk as my daily routines already seem to provide me with plenty of physical activity. In the end for us it's not good to push ourselves beyond our limits as that's when unexpected and even devastating things can happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment