It may slow me down but MD won't stop me

Lately the awkward way I bend has been aggravating my hip muscles on my right side. See I tend to put a lot of pressure on my right leg when bending on an angle to pick up something - like a remote, to lift the toilet seat to even getting things out of the fridge. The frustrating thing is it's been happening a lot lately.

So now I am having to get creative to ensure I stop over using my hip muscles. That means sitting on a chair when needing to get things out of the bottom of the fridge. Though getting up from the chair can lead to other issues. I am also making sure I use my lifter chair properly by raising it to a level that makes it easier for me to get up.

Right now the pain is pretty annoying but it's just my body warning me that I really need to avoid bending awkwardly and to be vigilant about not overdoing it as I don't want to speed up the rate at which my muscles are deteriorating. This is one of the main reasons for starting to use a mobility scooter to help me maintain the muscles I currently have.


Unfortunately these days I pay dearly for pushing myself too far physically. See the whole hip muscles hurting me lately is quite frustrating as having a place to live that is set up properly to handle my needs would truly help just like funding a minivan will allow me to use my mobility scooter helping me reduce the risks of me falling or overdoing it physically. 


In the end pain is never easy to deal with especially when it's a sign you're getting worse but this is the stage in my progression I currently find myself in and like others I will adapt and keep living constantly saying to myself - MD won't STOP me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment