The Downside of living with a somewhat Hidden Disability

When most people see me they have no clue that I have a disability. In all honesty some days are better than others, one day they might see me walking the next day using my mobility scooter. To most they see a guy who wouldn't struggle to climb up or go down just a few steps or stairs. Also they aren't there when one of my legs gives out causing me to fall and the extreme difficulty I face after getting back up to my feet.

Some even have no clue as to why you have to leave their house after a few hours of visiting since you can't use their bathroom due to it being up a flight of stairs you can't climb. They don't see someone who due to not being able to transport my mobility scooter in our current vehicle has to stay behind while visiting family since I can't join them as they go for a simple walk around the block.

On most days I look completely fine but I am hiding something most can't see. It's called an invisible disability one that can often only be seen on my worst days. So don't judge me off of what I could do yesterday because today could be a totally different story.

No comments:

Post a Comment