The Important Benefits of being able to use my Mobility Scooter


Recently I learned a valuable lesson about the importance of having the ability to use my mobility scooter. See with this being the first year of starting to use a mobility scooter I simply wanted to share more about the benefits it brings. This to raise awareness of how important mobility aid devices are to those with physical disabilities. 

The biggest lesson I have learned so far came this past Saturday when we were invited on an unexpected walk. This is when the inability to bring my mobility scooter along comes into play. On this day the heat and humidity quickly added in a little bit of drama to my day. At first I was fine but all of a sudden exhaustion started setting in. Something that tends to result from me always having to be laser focused on the ground ahead of me, scanning for anything that might trip me up. Unfortunately all the concentration involved in walking these days tends to have a negative affect on my entire body. The main result is that it simply depletes me of all of my energy.


It’s obvious that this results from me placing so much stress on my muscles that they quickly reach their breaking point. Unfortunately not being able to use my mobility scooter on this day had me on the edge between standing and feeling like I was going to pass out and fall to the ground. All this due to my body's muscles feeling completely overwhelmed. Experiencing this had me impatiently waiting for a return to our vehicle so I could sit back down, with the added benefit being the opportunity of getting to enjoy some life saving air conditioning. 


Thankfully soon after this we were able to return home but still the exhaustion and fatigue was getting the best of me. I was honestly feeling like a zombie. So immediately as I walked in the door of our apartment I felt like going to bed but instead began refueling my body, first by drinking plenty of water and quickly throwing together something healthy to eat. Thankfully after about a half hour I started feeling better but still felt like I should be recovering in bed.


This biggest benefit of using my mobility scooter


Surprisingly about an hour later the idea of going for a second walk was raised, definitely not by me but this time I had the opportunity to use my mobility scooter. After all, we were just going out around our neighborhood. At first I was reluctant as I thought it would result in me depleting all of the energy I had just regained. But I went along anyway which resulted in a valuable lesson in how important and even life saving the ability to use my mobility scooter can be.


The biggest benefit being that it 100 percent prevented any of the exhaustion and fatigue that I had faced earlier in the day. The difference was like night and day and I was truly amazed, no depletion of energy and I actually felt perfectly fine. It helped to prove the benefits of us being able to use our important mobility aids. In my case it ended up taking all the pressure off of my body enabling me to get out there and enjoy what was a beautiful day.


No comments:

Post a Comment