Rare Disease Day - An Opportunity to share our stories

Today is Rare Disease Day! So I guess I am rare! Like many with a rare disease we may face challenges at times, but this doesn't limit us in living our lives to the fullest.

I see that plenty of those affected by rare diseases are often very creative people, with many being writers, artists and some are even influencers and creators. Maybe what makes us so creative is our ability to adapt to whatever comes our way. 

I've always found writing and creating to be the best thing in helping me deal with the challenges my rare condition might bring - with a strong focus on remaining positive no matter what curve ball this life throws my way. Though somedays life may knock me down, no matter how many times it does I will always get back up.

Like many of you I am a fighter on a mission sharing my story in an effort to raise awareness and understanding. I just hope you agree that no matter the rare disease we are still in this together, that's why I am always open to learning about other people's stories and always look forward to Rare Disease Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment