Does latest fall mean it's time for a Mobility Scooter?

I wasn't going to share this stupidly out of embarrassment but over the weekend my wife and I went for a walk (within our neighbourhood) Now though I am still able to walk, with weakened leg muscles I have to be very careful. The mistake I made over the weekend was thinking I could go further than I have before. All of a sudden I hit my physical limit and found out the second I came across some uneven pavement and that was it, the next thing I know I am falling onto the pavement. Even worse I was actually in the middle of the road so I quickly dragged myself to the curb to sit and gather my thoughts.

Thankfully no injuries as who really wants to go to the hospital these days, next I looked around and couldn't find a place to aid me in getting back up. So my wife sat beside me and I used her shoulder as a support and thankfully I had just enough energy left to get back up. At this point we returned home with my legs feeling rubbery and weak, now I know I need a mobility scooter there is no question about that, its that stupid uneven pavement that always seems to get me, take my eyes off the pavement for one second that's when I usually fall to the ground. It's super frustrating but also not a surprise as this usually happens to me once or twice a year and only occurs when I push myself too far physically.

You see I want to join my wife on walks and get some exercise but these days I seem to find out the hard way that it is very important for me to live within my limitations. I know life will only get better the second I get a scooter. But still it's never fun falling and over the weekend I had no other choice but to take it easy. I just hope this is the last fall for a very long time. 🤞

No comments:

Post a Comment