Why Family & friends need to understand the issues we face (PART 2)

Is this really too much to expect from the people in our lives? After all if they don't spend a lot of time with us how can I expect them to understand any of the difficulties we face? To be honest there are people in my life who have no clue as to why I have difficulties climbing stairs or doing some things most people can do with little to no effort. The truth is many people take the everyday things they are able to do for granted. Most people couldn't even imagine losing the ability to climb stairs or walk long distances. But how can I really expect them to understand what I am going through when they aren't there when I am having a weak day or when I slip and fall then struggle just to get back up off the ground.

The point I am trying to make is that it's a little frustrating when some of the people in our lives refuse to take the time to understand what we are going through. Sure there are people who might be wondering why this is so important to me. Especially those who live their lives saying that I simply shouldn't care. Sure it might not matter when it comes to complete strangers but when it's comes to the people in our lives I believe this is very important.

No comments:

Post a Comment